Hi and Welcome to this special quiz. It’s part of our “Know Thyself” goal and motto.
Helen Fisher's Personality Quiz has now been taken by over 14 million people in 40 countries. Helen created it to test the degree to which you express four broad styles of thinking and behaving, each associated with one of four basic brain systems: the dopamine, serotonin, testosterone and estrogen systems. We call these four types the:
- Explorer: those who primarily express the traits linked with the dopamine system.
- Builder: those who primarily express the traits linked with the serotonin system.
- Director: those who primarily express the traits linked with the testosterone system.
- Negotiator: those who primarily express the traits linked with the estrogen system.
We are all a combination of these four trait constellations, but we express some more than others. In fact, it is not unusual to score equally on two (or sometimes three) of these temperament dimensions. Moreover, each of us has a unique combination of overall traits, a unique “personality signature.”
Nevertheless, here we explore the top two trait constellations that you express most regularly and most naturally, what we call your Primary and Secondary types.
Helen initially designed the questionnaire to enable men and women to understand basic aspects of themselves and their romantic partners, as well as who they are most likely to be most attracted to, and their likely compatibility with this soul mate. But you can also use this questionnaire to understand the basic personality style of your employers, colleagues, clients, friends, even parents, children and other kin.
It’s fun, enlightening and useful to learn more about who you really are. So after you have completed the questionnaire, we will give you feedback on three things:
- how you naturally think and behave: your “personality signature.”
- whom you are naturally attracted to.
- the natural joys (and problems) that may occur when you connect with someone with a different “personality signature.”
What is your “personality signature?” And how does your style of thinking and behaving influence who you find romantically attractive, what you seek in a mate, and how you will get along with a long-term partner?
Take Helen Fisher’s Personality Quiz and learn more about who you are, whom you seek and how you love.